- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Rutgers University Newark
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Yuri Tertilus Jadotte, MD
Assistant Professor and Assistant Director of Education, Northeast Institute for Evidence Synthesis and Translation (NEST), UMDNJ-School of Nursing
Yuri Jadotte is a resident physician specializing in dermatology. In 2006 he graduated summa cum laude from Montclair State University with a BS in molecular biology and a minor in chemistry. In 2010 he completed his MD at the UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School. He is a member of the Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi, Sigma Xi, and the International Society of Dermatology, the Society for Investigative Dermatology, the National Medical Association, and the American Medical Association. He is a reviewer for the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, ePlasty.com – the Open Access Journal of Plastic Surgery, and Mycoses. Yuri is a member of the Cochrane Skin Group, the dermatology subsidiary of the international Cochrane Collaboration.
Yuri’s passion for helping the less fortunate, his intellectual curiosity about the relationship between the individual’s environment and quality of life, and the devastating effects of the earthquake that struck Haiti in 2010 propelled him to pursue a PhD in Urban Systems. His research interests in urban systems include: improving dermatological health and services for urban populations and studying the relationship between urbanization, urbanism and skin diseases. He plans to provide dermatological services in inner cities while simultaneously conducting research to improve health and healthcare for urban populations. Yuri is currently the Chair of the UMDNJ Student Senate (where he also serves as Senator for the UMDNJ-School of Nursing), Founding President of the UMDNJ chapter of Alpha Epsilon Lambda (the National Graduate & Professional Student Honor Society), and Board Chairman of the New Jersey Haitian Student Association. He is Assistant Professor and Assistant Director of Education at the Northeast Institute for Evidence Synthesis and Translation at the UMDNJ-School of Nursing.
- Jadotte YT, Schwartz RA. Solar cheilosis: an ominous precursor. Part I: diagnostic insights. Continuing medical education. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2012; 66(2):173-184.
- Jadotte YT, Schwartz RA. Solar cheilosis: an ominous precursor. Part II: therapeutic perspectives. Continuing medical education. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2012; 66(2):187-198.
- Schwartz RA, Jadotte YT, Ferri FF, Strumpf P, Baustian GH (2012). Lichen planus. In: Dermatology First Consult. www.mdconsult.com.
- Jadotte, YT, Schwartz, RA. (2011). Chapter 14: Treatment of melasma. In H.I. Maibach, F. Gorouhi (Eds.), Evidence-Based Dermatology, 2nd edition, (pp. 205-212). Shelton, Connecticut: PMPH USA.
- Lead author of international team of seven physician-scientists for the systematic review research project “Interventions for Cutaneous Sarcoidosis,” Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Skin Group.
- Lead author of international team of eight physician-scientists for the systematic review research project “Non-Drug Complementary and Alternative Medicine Treatments for Atopic Eczema”, Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Skin Group.
- Co-author on international team of nine physician-scientists for the research project “Hygiene and Emollient Interventions to Maintain Skin Integrity in Older People in Hospital and Residential Care Settings,” Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane Skin Group.