- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Rutgers University Newark
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Urban Change through Education, Health, and Environment
Call for Papers
Proposal deadline extended until January 27, 2012
- Acceptance or rejection notices will be sent by February 27, 2012
*Due to the proposal extention, acceptance/rejection notices will now be sent by February 27, 2012*
- Registration deadline early bird: March 15, 2012
Due to the proposal extension, the early bird registration date will be extended to March 15th. Please register early to take advantage of lower rates.
- Final registration date for presenters: April 1, 2012
Proposals must demonstrate a focus on urban issues or possibilities. Priority will be given to those proposals that show an integrated approach to health, education, and/or environment. Applicants should make clear which of the areas their topic covers by choosing one of the options below:
- Health + Education and/or Environment
- Environment + Education and/or Health
- Education + Health and/or Environment
- Health alone
- Environment alone
- Education alone
Proposals can be submitted either for individual papers or for organized panels (a group of 3 to 4 papers with a moderator). Proposal submissions will only be accepted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL participants (faculty, students, practitioners, community members) must pay the appropriate registration fees for their membership category. Rates for the 2012 conference can be found here.
Individual Paper Presentations
Individuals may submit proposals to present a researched-based paper. If your paper proposal is accepted, it will be grouped with two or three other papers into a themed panel. Each panelist will then present his or her paper. After all of the panel’s papers have been presented, a question and answer period will follow. Each panel will include a moderator to manage the time, introduce the panelists, and lead the question and answer period.
Submission steps for paper presenters
These instructions apply only to presenters submitting an individual paper If you are presenting a paper as part of a pre-set panel, your panel organizer will complete the submission process.
Please submit electronically to email@example.com. Submissions should be Word documents sent as attachments to the email. The subject line should be Urban Systems Conference Proposal and the attached Word document should include the following:
- All author and co-author information (Full name, affiliation, city, state/province, country, e-mail address, phone number)
- Which topic your paper addresses: education, environment, health or, preferably, a combination of these
- A 500-750 word abstract with title and keywords
- A brief one paragraph bio (50-100 words)
All presenters must submit their papers in advance to the panel moderator by May 25, 2012.
Only the organizer of the panel submits a proposal.
A panel explores one issue or related issues through the presentation of several papers (typically three or four). Each panelist presents his or her paper. After all papers have been presented an open discussion follows with the audience.
All presenters must submit their papers in advance to the panel organizer by May 25, 2012.
Submission steps for panel organizers
Please submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be word documents sent as attachments to the email. The email subject line should be “Urban Systems Conference Proposal” and the attached word document should include the following:
- The name of your panel
- A brief (300 word maximum) panel theme summary
- Contact each potential presenter and obtain his or her explicit agreement to participate in the session. Gather the following information for each presenter.
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Paper title
- Abstract text (500-750 words)
- A brief one paragraph bio (50-100 words)
- Which two or three of the categories your paper deals with: education, environment, or health (all submissions much touch on at least two of the three)
Please remind potential presenters that ALL meeting participants on the program must register and pay fees by the deadline.