The Library subscribes to many basic and clinical sciences online journals. A listing of online journals is available on the Electronic Journal page or can be found through the catalog. Direct links to the full text of online journals is often available in database searches using FindIt@UMDNJ.
Online books for students, faculty, and staff in all programs supported by the Stratford Library are available through both the catalog and the E-Books page.
A remote access account to is automatically created when students, faculty and staff of UMDNJ, the Kennedy Health System, and faculty and housestaff members of UMDNJ-SOM OPTI member institutions register as Library patrons. This account enables the user to access the Library’s licensed online resources and selected reserve resources via the Internet. For more information see the University Libraries Remote Access Information web page.
When prompted for a Username and Password, patrons should enter either their CORE account information or their name and the last four digits of their University Administrative ID#. (Kennedy and other non-UMDNJ users will use the last four digits of their barcode number.)
The Library provides access to a large collection of full-text and bibliographic databases covering the subject areas of Clinical Medicine, Social and Basic Sciences, Nursing and Allied Health, and general academic resources.
Access to databases and full-text resources is available through the Library's homepage. This access is free of charge to all students, faculty, and staff at UMDNJ, the Kennedy Health System, and faculty and housestaff members of UMDNJ-SOM OPTI member institutions.
The Library’s Web site includes a number of unique resources created by Library staff and links to services and resources of particular interest to our community.
- SOM Faculty Bibliography, a list of faculty publications with links to the full text of articles when available
- HealthyNJ, an authoritative source for consumer health information in both English and Spanish.
- Internet Resources Toolkits on information of particular interest in the health sciences and tutorials on resources
- Nursing Resources - A selected list of resources, tools, and websites useful for nurses and nursing students
- Research Support Services and Resources - A section that lists resources and services offered by the Library to assist individuals conducting research..
The Clinical Care Resources Web page provides quick access to information for patient care at the bedside. The resources available on this page are First Consult, DynaMed, Essential Evidence Plus and Medical Letter Adverse Drug Interaction Program. UpToDate is available in the Health Sciences Library.