Short Term Guest Requests
The Request for Short Term Guest Status form is designed to assist various departments inviting guests to the University for educational or scholarly purposes. This includes students of other institutions, scholars, researchers and clinicians pursuing temporary activities at UMDNJ.
This form is to be completed by the inviting academic or administrative department with the approval of the Department Chair or Office Director, and the School's Dean or pertinent Vice President. All documentation must be forwarded to Risk and Claims Management for review and approval.
In meeting this desirable goal of the mutual exchange of knowledge, the inviting department must comply with all UMDNJ policies and federal regulations concerning paid and unpaid volunteer positions.
Short Term Guest status is generally for stays of four weeks or less and may not be used for the following:
- The employment of any persons in staff positions
- Paid faculty appointments
- Any other long term or permanent member of the UMDNJ community
- Visiting researchers (a specific HR-defined paid job classification)
- Visiting students (an Office of Academic Affairs-defined student classification)
A completed application along with required supporting documentation (see below) is to be forwarded to Risk and Claims Management by either inter-office mail, e-mail or fax (973 -972-7257). It is recommended that a minimum of 14 days be allowed for review and consideration of any application submitted.
All key information pertaining to the guest's stay at UMDNJ must be reported by the inviting department to Risk and Claims Management, including dates of arrival and departure, the location and nature of the activities to be performed, etc.
The completed and approved Request for Short Term Guest Status will be retumed to the requestor and must then be submitted to Public Safety for issuance of a University ID card.
In addition to a complete and signed Request for Short Term Guest Status application, the following documents must accompany the form:
- Invitation letter from the UMDNJ inviting department describing the purpose, proposed dates, location and nature of the activities
- Photocopy of biodata page from applicant's passport (if applicable)
- Copy of the Short Term Guest Agreement, signed by Chairperson/Director of the inviting department and by the visiting guest