The Office of Policy and Project Management (OPPM) is charged with maintaining the integrity of the life cycle management process for policies that are approved by either the President or the Board of Trustees. This role encompasses managing the overall process for the creation and adoption of new policies, review of existing policies to affirm appropriateness, revising them to address changes in requirements and rescind them when no longer relevant or effective. The specific responsibilities are:
- Design, develop, implement and administer the institutional policy life cycle management process.
- Establish policy portfolios working in conjunction with policy “Owners” to operationalize decision-making pertaining to matters within the scope of their accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Consult with policy “Owners” and “Authors” to ensure policies within their portfolios are in an up-to-date status and are reviewed, updated or purged as appropriate.
- Provide guidance and support to management in the development of new policies or the review, assessment and adjustment of existing policies in keeping with changes in internal and external requirements.
- Provide recommendations regarding policy rationale, relevance, style, clarity, format and conformity with other University policies.
- Establish and maintain appropriate repositories and communication mechanisms to provide university community with user-friendly access to institutional policy-related information.
- Make periodic evaluation of the entire policy system through internal and external needs assessments to provide the basis for making continual enhancements.