IST is governed through the mutual efforts of four Governance committees.
IST Governance Committees
- Education Services Committee *
- Clinical Services Committee
- Research Services Committee
- Administrative Services Committee
The guiding principles of the committees are:
- That alignment with institutional goals can best be accomplished by appropriately empowered representative groups who are themselves striving towards the same set of goals
- The tripartite mission of the Academic Medical Center (AMC) requires separate attention to each mission, but also requires a means to reconcile needs identified by each against the others and against strategic direction
- That the allocation of resources for a service organization can be most effective with participation by the stakeholders for those services
- That a formal forum for regular dialog with stakeholders is mutually beneficial
- That this structure does not replace individual technology steering committees that may exist for each unit for the purposes of determining and prioritizing unit-specific needs, nor does this negate the equally important need to meet routinely with a community of unity-specific technology coordinators/directors
* The Education Services Committee has a unique interlocking relationship with Academic Information Technology Committee at UMDNJ – AcITAC.
By joining forces, the IST Education Committee and AcITAC are streamlining University efforts on behalf of UMDNJ academic interests. Together they are identifying priority issues vital to the sustenance of existing technology. As a single body, they will advocate for adoption of state-of-the-art information technology to support future health care education and leverage University support to make these visions become real.
More about AcITAC
As an independent organization, AcITAC encourages the formation of partnerships to advance the use of information technology for education and research. The Educational Technology subcommittee of AcITAC has been charged by IAIMS with advancing instructional uses of technology. AcITAC/IAIMS educational technology grants were again extended this year.