Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) Project Management Office FAQs
- enhance missions and strategic goals
- reduce institutional risks and enhance internal controls
- establish delegation of authority and responsibility
- promote compliance with federal, state and other applicable laws and regulations
- promote operational alignment, consistency and efficiency.
Who develops and approves IS&T functional policies?
Functional policies and procedures are developed by designated staff at the direction of and approved by the Chief Information Officer.
Whom do I contact if I have questions about a particular IS&T policy or procedure?
If you have questions about an IS&T policy and/or procedure, contact the Project Management Office (PMO) –
What is the role of IS&T PMO with regard to policy and procedure?
The Project Management Office:
- oversees the design, development, and communication of policy for IS&T
- offers consulting services and writing development assistance for policies and procedures
- maintains the central repository for all policies and procedures including their monitoring to ensure IS&T remains compliant with OPPM’s regulations
- maintains a website for access to policies and procedures created within IS&T. For more information contact: email@example.com
What is the process for the creation and adoption of new policies, and the revision or rescission of existing policies?
The Project Management Office maintains official IS&T functional and presidential university policies. The IS&T Operational Management of Policies policy (IS&T Operational Management of Policies) outlines the requirements individuals engaged in developing and maintaining these policies must follow when drafting, approving, revising, and rescinding policies.
What is the standard IS&T policy format?
All IS&T policies adhere to the University policy format, which uses a template (http://www.umdnj.edu/oppmweb/policy_resources/poltemp.doc) that indicates the various optional and mandatory parts of a policy document. By standardizing the way policies are presented to the reader, the University hopes to make policies easier to read and understand.
- Go to "Policy Search" located in the blue strip on the left side of all pages on the IS&T PMO website and use either the Alphabetical Index (clicking on a letter of the Alphabet) or enter a Key Word or Phrase (e.g., "mobile communication device"). The Key Word/Phrase feature allows searching only the IS&T PMO or all UMDNJ sites that are accessible without any Intranet restrictions.
- Browse policies by Department (CST, BST, HST, AST, Operations).
- Browse Policy Updates by month.
- Refer to the last question in this list for a List of Topics cross-referenced to associated policies.
(Non-IS&T policies may be located at the Office of Policy & Project Management web site.)
How do I know if a policy was recently updated?
The header of an IS&T policy document includes three dates indicating when the policy was adopted, amended and reviewed. Additionally, the IS&T PMO website has a section devoted to Policy and Procedure Updates listing policies that have been updated or adopted by date in a chronological sequence.
What should I do if I want to comment on a current policy or procedure?
Regular interaction is encouraged between the Policy Owners/Authors, members of the Policy Review Committee, PMO and the University community. Comments, questions and suggestions should be addressed to the Responsible Executive with copies to IS&T PMO firstname.lastname@example.org. All feedback will be reviewed when considering revisions to applicable policies and procedures.
I’m looking for all policies and procedures that refer to a specific topic. Where can I find them?