Child Health Program (CHP)
In collaboration with the New Jersey Department of Children and Families, the Division of Youth & Family Services (DYFS), the goal of the CHP is to ensure that the healthcare needs of vulnerable, at-risk children are met. The CHP provides a range of community-based, pediatric nursing services, including:
- Collaboration with DYFS child welfare professionals effectively addressing the health needs of targeted child and family clients.
- Provide an ongoing, expert pediatric nursing service which meets the identified needs for assessment, consultation, case management, education and training.
- Coordinate, provide oversight and supervise pediatric nursing services.
- Evaluate pediatric nursing services regarding activities and client outcomes.
- Collaborate with DYFS in developing a coordinated response to specific Area and Local Office health needs.
At University Hospital, pediatric nurse practitioners provide medical case management for infants that reside as boarders, and act as liaisons to the Division of Youth and Family Services and community agencies.
For more information contact:
Nina B. Colabelli, RN, MSN, CPNP
Director, Child Health Program