Services and Expertise
AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC) National Resource Center (NRC)
AETC NRC Services
Website (www.aidsetc.org) The NRC maintains an online library of education and training resources, including many valuable resources developed by the AETCs, which are available for download and adaptation.
- Workgroups Each year, the NRC coordinates national workgroups that focus on specific clinical or programmatic topics. The selection of topics is based on needs assessment activities and special initiatives. Workgroup membership is typically comprised of regional, local, and national AETC participants as well as content-area experts. Workgroup members convene via conference call; all of the logistics are coordinated by the NRC.
- Current Workgroup Topics (2012-2013)
- AETC HIV Testing Training Exchange Collaborative
- AETC Minority AIDS Initiative
- Technology and Training
- Previous Workgroup Topics and Resources
For information on workgroup resources and training exchanges,
please click on the topic below .
- Promoting the AETC National Identity The NRC exhibits and distributes AETC promotional materials and training resources at approximately 40 conferences annually in collaboration with the regional AETCS, AETC local performance sites and the AETC National Centers.
Please click here for more information.
- Supporting Collaboration and Sharing Best Practices The NRC supports collaboration and the sharing of best practices through a variety of mechanisms and projects. Each year, the NRC hosts national training exchanges to deliver information on various topics of interest to AETC faculty and providers. Through joint projects such as the Adolescent Web-Based Curriculum and US Mexico Border AETC Steering Team (UMBAST), the NRC coordinates partnerships to develop resources for AETC faculty and providers.
- Listservs: The NRC generates and maintains 10 listservs that
- Facilitate communication within the AETC network.
- Provide timely information about updates in clinical treatment guidelines.
- Notify trainers of new training resources and government documents.
- AETC NRC Online Orientation
Visit the AETC NRC online orientation (click here)
For more information about the AETC network, please click on the links on the map below.
For more information contact:
Jamie Steiger, MPH
Program Director, AETC National Resource Center
François-Xavier Bagnoud Center