The State of NJ (DARM) provides micrographic services (visit the NJDARM web site for more information): http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links/micro.html)
Process for Converting Records to Microfiche/Microfilm
Records required to be kept 10 years may be converted to Microfilm/Microfiche.
This service is provided by the State of New Jersey Department of Archives and Records Management (DARM) and is free of charge.
||Supervisor, Imaging Records
||Barbara Goszka @ 609-530-3234
|| Belinda Mcintyre @ 609-530-8331
Request micrographic services by emailing Belinda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Or faxing on letterhead to 609-530-5929
Include the following information:
- Name, address, phone number
- What type of film
- 16 MM will get about 2500-2800 images per roll/sheet
- 35 MM will get about 500 images per roll/sheet
- Do you want the film kept on the roll or in sleeves (jackets)
When sending records:
- Label boxes on the Front only (not on the lid) include the following information:
- Department name
- Type of records
- Number of boxes
- Contact person and telephone number
- Boxes can be numbered if desired
- Optional listing in the box
Optional document preparation such as removing staples, repairing pages, putting documents in order for filming is available.
DARM will pickup and return all records.
Original documents may be returned to UMDNJ or destroyed. If the records meet the retention period and they are to be destroyed then an approved DARM “Request and Authorization for Disposal” form must be included.
Note: A microfilm/microfiche reader is needed to view documents.