All students of ANY UMDNJ school or program are eligible to serve on the Student Senate, one of its five standing committees or any of its numerous subcommittees. Your involvement can be through serving as the official representative for your individual school’s student body (a Senator) or as a member of the UMDNJ student body who wants to further important issues and causes at the University by participation in the Senate on a non-elected basis (a Member-at-Large). Our committees are always looking for enthusiastic, capable and competent individuals to participate and lead; your service would be greatly appreciated. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to get involved.
To become a member-at-large, first please join our UMDNJ Student Senate group in the my.umdnj.edu portal. The portal group provides the ability to email other active members, participate in Student Senate subcommittees, and access to meeting minutes and other Student Senate documents.
Instructions to Join the my.umdnj.edu
Student Senate Portal Group
- Log into the my.umdnj.edu portal. Use your username (RUID) and password.
- Once logged in, select the "Groups" icon.
- Click "Groups Index" and then in the "Group Search" area, type "UMDNJ Student Senate" and click the "Search" button. The results will appear as below:
- In the "Join" window that appears, click "Join Group". Please read and accept the terms of the group, and then a confirmation window appears that lets the user know that they are now a member of the group. Clicking on the "Groups" icon again will display the new group added to the list of groups that the user has joined.
- If any problems are encountered in using the UMDNJ Portal or the UMDNJ Student Senate group, please call the IST Service Center at 732-743-3200 for assistance.